Thursday, January 28, 2010

Basket of Duck Egg's


I love how white duck egg's are. This photo was taken in my kitchen for a photography assignment in 2008. I was not sure at first how to photograph the egg's that were just sitting in a plain bowl on the table. With some searching around the house I found a nice basket that was covered in dust and webs. I placed a blue tea towel underneath and arranged them. I used natural window light that was perfect and made the duck egg's glow.

Preserved duck egg's are delicious. I like to eat just the yolk because it is not as salty as the egg white and has a rich flavour. I boil them for about 30 minutes so that they become very rich and have a natural deep orange oil in the yolk. I usually eat them with plain jasmine rice for a quick snack. Otherwise you can combine thinly sliced red onion, freshly chopped bird's eye chilli, fish sauce, lemon juice and mint together with chopped preserved duck egg and serve that with rice.

You can find preserved duck egg's at Asian supermarkets for around $6.00 for half a dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment