Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rainbow Trout

 

The photograph of the fresh rainbow trout was also for a photography assignment I had to do. This was shot using natural light on a wire rack in a baking tray. I loved the colours of the scales and how shiny it looked.

After photographing the trout I cooked it with only a few ingredients to keep it simple. I had the fish gutted and scaled to make it easier for me even though it is very easy to do yourself. I sliced a lemon and lay the slices inside the cavity of the fish with knobs of butter, fresh sprigs of dill and Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. I then wrapped the fish up in baking paper and aluminium foil so any juices would not leak.

Cooking times depend on the size of the fish but generally rainbow trouts you buy in your local fish shops are not that big anyway and are perfect for one to two people. I cooked my trout for about 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at around 180 degrees celcius. This fish would be great with a beurre blanc sauce accompanied with some roast garlic kipfler potatoes and steamed greens. Remember not to cook the fish for too long as it will continue to cook through once you have removed it from the oven or barbeque.

I like to use Maldon Sea Salt when cooking because you do not need alot, it has a nice flavour and it is natural. You can buy a box of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes at your local supermarket for about $10.00 and to check out some other of their other products like their smoked salt, click on the link http://www.maldonsalt.co.uk/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment