Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paddington Reservoir Gardens Photoshoot



 












 












 




                                       

                                                 
I stumbled upon Paddington Reservoir Gardens almost over a year ago while waiting at the bus stop to get back into the city. When I first went down the steps from Oxford Street I was surprised to find nobody else there. I guess what I find so attractive about this place is the sandstone, arches and pillars.

Even to this day it is still really quiet. My best friend needed some shots for her casting agent and I always thought the Paddington Reservoir Gardens would be a great location. We drove over on an overcast Wednesday and the clouds shifted for me just when I needed some light but I also had some help from my twin who held the reflector. Luckily we got our shots done before it stormed later that day. These are just some of the shots from the day.

I have some other great locations in mind where I would like to shoot more portraits and hopefully I will get them posted soon.

The Paddington Reservoir Gardens won the 2009 Australian Award for Urban Design and it is worth checking out. It's a perfect spot to grab a coffee and read a book because not many people come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment