Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Flowers



Zucchini flowers are best enjoyed when in season. A couple of years ago I bought some well sized zucchini flowers from Franks Grocer on Ramsay Rd Haberfield. You can buy them from Harris Farm but they are pre-packaged, nowhere near as fresh and smaller than Franks Grocer. They lie delicately on sheets of paper in a box asking to be picked. They can be pricey here but they are the best I have seen anywhere that I have come across.

You can stuff the flowers or leave them plain. I like mine stuffed with fresh full cream ricotta and some moroccan spices. If you are feeling a bit more indulgent then I suggest using a soft goats cheese. It is divine! I had delicious tempura zucchini flowers with a goats cheese and herb stuffing from Our Place.

When stuffing the flowers you must be delicate or the petals will tear. I like to tie the ends of the petals together to help hold the stuffing in. Only batter the flowers lightly and just before frying. What you want to achieve are plump golden flowers that are just crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment